Want to learn how to run a WordPress site professionally?
Want to get your questions answered by WordPress! experts?
WordPress Training in DFW is for you!
Who Should Attend
- 1 Individuals wanting to learn WordPress! best practices.
- 2 Business owners or employees responsible for their company’s website.
- 3 Web Designers looking to expand their service offerings by providing WordPress sites for clients.
- 4 Individuals considering WordPress for your next project.
- 5 Web Professionals looking to save time by learning from WordPress! experts.
What You’ll Need: You can bring a laptop to follow along, but you can also learn by watching the live demo and taking notes. A handout will be provided with links to all the resources mentioned as well as books, web sites, and community groups. WordPress is free, but after class you will need to have your own domain name and a web hosting account to implement the techniques we’ll discuss. (We’ll cover where to get those in the class, but you should plan on spending about $100/year.)
You’ll learn how to build a WordPress website, from content and user organization, to working with extensions and templates:
- Part 1: Introduction to WordPress
- Part 2: Setting up and customizing your blog (what is a blog?)
- Part 3: Writing and publishing your posts and pages (pages vs blogs)
- Part 4: Advanced content options and multimedia (videos, Audio and Documents)
- Part 5: Managing users in your WordPress site and Email Marketing from the site
- Part 6: Choosing and configuring WordPress plugins
- Part 7: Choosing and configuring WordPress themes
- Part 8: How to manage WordPress websites professionally and securely (keeping spam and hackers out)
- What is WordPress and Who uses it?
- What’s a “blog” and how to use it for massive marketing for your site
- What’s the difference between WordPress.org which is FREE and your own website powered by WordPress on your own host
- Writing a blog post and having them post to your Social Networks automatically
- Adding tags and categories
- Uploading images and PDFs
- Creating links
- Creating pages and subpages
- What’s a domain name and a web host?
- How do I connect a domain name to a host?
- Acronyms you’ll need to know: HTML, CSS, PHP, JPG, FTP, DNS
- How to install WordPress using the Auto Installers provided by some hosts
- Things to double-check with one-click installations
- How themes work
- Where to find themes
- Adding widgets
There are no pre-requisites for the beginner class. We assume that all students in our beginner classes start with no WordPress experience.
More Class Details
- Price: $25
- Food: Full Breakfest & Drink Included
- Time: 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m