Want to learn how to run a WordPress site professionally?
Want to get your questions answered by WordPress! experts?
Monday, October 15, 2012
6:30 PM To
828 Fourth Ave., Dallas, TX
Who Should Attend
• 1 Individuals wanting to learn WordPress! best practices.
• 2 Business owners or employees responsible for their company’s website.
• 3 Web Designers looking to expand their service offerings by providing WordPress sites for clients.
• 4 Individuals considering WordPress for your next project.
• 5 Web Professionals looking to save time by learning from WordPress! experts.
What You’ll Need:
Computer connected to the Internet and phone line for questions and answers. Live chat will be active for communications between instructor and other in the training.
You’ll learn how to operate and manage a WordPress website, from content and user organization, to working with widgets and themes.
• Part 1: Introduction to WordPress
• Part 2: Setting up and customizing your blog (what is a blog?)
• Part 3: Writing and publishing your posts and pages (pages vs blogs)
• Part 4: Advanced content options and multimedia (videos, Audio and Documents)
• Part 5: Managing users in your WordPress site and Email Marketing from the site
• Part 6: Choosing and configuring WordPress plugins
• Part 7: Choosing and configuring WordPress themes
• Part 8: How to manage WordPress websites professionally and securely (keeping spam and hackers out)
• Writing a blog post and having them post to your Social Networks automatically
• Adding tags and categories
• Uploading images and PDFs
• Creating links
• Creating pages and subpages
• How to change themes and where to find them
• Adding widgets
• Adding plugins
Plugins we will install and setup:
1. CKEditor (easy page edits)
2. Visual Form Builder (create feedback forms)
3. No Comments On Pages (take comments off the home page)
4. Subscribe2 (automatically send post updates to subscribers)
5. Social Sharing Toolkit (Social Icons and Sharing)
6. All in One SEO Pack (for Search Engine Optimization)
7. Google XML Sitemaps (for Google to crawl your site)
8. All-in-One Event Calendar (to add events on your site)
There are no prerequisites for the beginner class. We assume that all students in our beginner classes start with no WordPress experience.
If you need more information just give me a call 214-509-6678 before the class starts